Saturday, September 17, 2005

Linux revisited

Well, no more than 30 minutes after I thought I had lost my Windows XP, there was an amazing sight found on the Boot Loader option in Ubuntu's interface. It actually recognized that there was a "mysterious" partition in its file system. So, after talking it over with the IT guy at the radio station, we figured out that to reinstate XP, we made Ubuntu recognize it, named it and saved it. Right now I have my laptop back up and working without a problem. I even changed the Boot Loader to make XP load first.

Sorry all you Linux users, but until I am more confident in Linux and more sure, I will stick to a dualboot for now. There are just too many settings I have to work with (and wireless card to buy) before I can dedicate a full Linux laptop into use. I am open to learning if anyone wants to show me, I am just so glad that I don't have to reload all of my music to the iPod...

No comments: