Thursday, September 08, 2005

I nearly tore up the return tickets

Then, I realized that I left my car, laptop, clothes & most of my bills behind, so I had to return...

I really needed that vacation. I would have changed how many times I had to take a connecting flight, but other than that, I was happy with the travel accommodations. Chicago's weather was beautiful the entire time I was out there. It was so comfortable, Teddy, Yolie & myself went and played some softball several times during my stay.

Playin' Catch

The apartment Yolie & Teddy live in is a beautiful little house. You can find several thousand of the same style apartments all over Chicago, but each are different. From the outside they look small. Inside they are another story. Teddy & Yolie's apartment is on the third floor & they have 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths. It's a pretty awesome little setup.

Apartment living is nice!

So after getting situated, we went out to downtown Chicago. Talk about huge. It's the third largest city in the United States, and the downtown life is just bustling with life and excitement. Miles upon miles of streets were packed with people. Stores filled with shoppers. It was a strange sight to see a downtown area dominated by huge names like Hugo, Chanel, Apple, Gap, Virgin Music, Eddie Bauer - and that was only on Michigan Ave!

Searching for a good Deep Dish pizza

We walked downtown for a few hours, ending up at the Water Tower building. Its a mall several stories high and filled with shops, curios & food. It had an awesome water fountain inside, but every time I tried to take a picture of the jumping water, I was always late.

Big John & The Water Tower Place

The architecture up in Chicago was absolutely amazing. Everything had clean angular lines broken up by the Victorian relics of yester-year. Chicago's water works buildings downtown were marvelous examples of that. They're so out of place, yet so artistically perfect for the area. I started to really think about tearing up those tickets...

Chicago Water Works

Speaking of artsy-fartsy stuff, Yolie at several times on my vacation took my camera and started to just take pictures at random. There are several that are print worthy, and several that would be worth a small ransom. I don't have enough time to post them all (and people cursed with dial-up would kill me too) but this is an example of her screwing around with the camera.

Lost somewhere in Chicago

I would love to go back with several of my cameras and take some good architectural photos of the city.

Alas, I am back in El Paso. IM already planning the next trip to Chicago again soon.

-When's my next vacation?

No comments: