Friday, August 15, 2003

Ok people, nothing to see here, move along...

Ok. New York and most of Colonial United States and parts of Canada are without power. It was breaking news yesterday. If its ongoing to today, its not breaking news. What I ultimately hate about these type of events is the media spin they place on the story. MSNBC ran this rather false statement:

The evening rush hour was just beginning in the East when the power went out at 4:14 p.m. NBC News and MSNBC.com correspondents described scenes of pandemonium as thousands of New Yorkers streamed into streets where traffic signals were not operating.

Pandemonium - Pan·de·mo·ni·um
1 : the capital of Hell in Milton's Paradise Lost
2 : the infernal regions : HELL
3 not capitalized : a wild uproar : TUMULT

First of all, I was watching the news last night, and I didn't see any pandemonium, terror, panic, hopelessness, shock and awe, jitters, convulsions, Tourettes, coniptions, shenanigans or ilicit activities. From what I saw, I saw New Yorkers banding together to help people out of subway cars, calmly waiting for payphones to free up, and walking in an orderly fashion out of and back into lower Manhattan. I feel for these New Yorkers, sleeping in the streets cause they were stranded where they worked...

Ugh, I hate being involved with the media. To think that there are others out there saying spins on the news to get people to pay attention to them. You know, maybe I should do that. As a matter of fact, go to this link and I will give you a naked picture of myself.

Enjoy voyeurs.

No comments: