Thursday, June 08, 2006

So much to do, so little free time

My room looks like a disaster zone. I've seen pictures of Katrina ravaged New Orleans look better than my shamed hovel of a room. I blame society & the tuba.

IM also battling some problems with my computer and home network. It seems that with the iPod, the latest update made the DVD player stop recognizing DVDs. It plays CDs and program CDs just fine, just forget trying to play any DVD. My network screws up every afternoon, and I don't understand why. It could be a hacker gaining my bandwidth (heh heh, the net is unsecured at my house) but its starting to piss me off.

Yesterday's rain pissed me off, too. Not so much rain, but spittle & dust. I had the car under the car port and thought to myself that my parents would come home soon, so as I opened the garage door, a gust of wind and rain/ spittle hit the car. Mind you, its the sort of shit that just dirties the car, not really wets it enough to wash it.

I'd shoot Mother Nature if she was in front of me for that...

On the plus side, I managed to fix the connection between TiVo and laptop, it was a simple matter of my firewall settings. The downside is my satellite provided programming SUCKS. For reasons unknown, my satellite receiver has screwed up several of my FAVORITE (of course) channels. Half of my Season Pass list can't be recorded due to TiVo recording C-FUCKING-SPAN INSTEAD OF THE HISTORY CHANNEL.

Worse yet, I had reset my TiVo, wiping all of the system memory, waited 3 hours for setup to reinstate everything and it wiped out the recordings I already had. So now that I have my computer communicating like it should, I have nothing to transfer.

And C-SPAN.

Fucking C-SPAN.

Surprisingly, I've been upbeat. I've been smiling a lot. It's the memory of my vacation still fresh in my mind. The remaining photos I have of the vacation include several video files that were remarkably saved from deletion when I wiped out the laptop in a fit of rage. IM still patiently waiting for any calls on my resumes floating around the greater Chicagoland area. All I can do now is wait.

Wait, and try to clean my room.

Or repair TiVo.

Or shake my fist at the skies.

Fucking C-SPAN.

No comments: