Monday, April 24, 2006

Penis Envy

I bet that got your attention. See, on Friday, I had posted this:
I also have a new toy I should be getting in a few days, a new digital camera. I was initially going for a 6.1 MP camera that I saw advertised in a Dell catalog. I get those damn catalogs ever since I bought the laptop now 2 years ago and all they do is make me want things that are too expensive. The camera I ended up getting is a 9.0 MP camera. Yeah, 9 fucking million megapixels. Lets put it into perspective: The average computer monitor resolution is 1024 X 768, the new camera I bought takes pictures with the resolution of 3488 X 2616. Finally, I will be able to use Photoshop the way it was intended to be used.
So, skip ahead a few hours after this posting and I received this comment to my blog:

Digital still sucks when compared to film.
By Anonymous, at 7:27pm

When I first read it, I laughed. How petty is a person who posts this sort of comment on the website? I call it penis envy. I have a 2 MP Kodak camera and always wanted something a little better. I have a 35mm Minolta XG-A that is out of commission due to a broken film advance lever, and I used to use it a lot. The photos off that camera were good, but with the advances in modern photography, Photoshop and film printing technology, digital cameras are now surpassing the old fashioned film camera industry as far as sales go based off of the ease of use and instant satisfaction of a well snapped shot.

I won't apologize for buying a digital camera, nor will I apologize for owning them. If you want to persuade me into buying a film camera, that's your own doing. However if you want me to get one, you'll be the one forking over the cash to get me whatever camera you think I should own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody is forcing you to do anything! Digital is great, but it is going to take years for camera manufacturers to duplicate the quality of an slr film camera. I was the person that left that comment. I own a canon powershot s80 with 8 megapixel count. Let me tell you I still prefer my pentax film slr over my canon s80. If you want to know as to what I am talking about, check out chromogenic.net. Also, check the following article. It is very interesting.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/filmdig.htm

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, let me add something else. I do not have pito envy! Enjoy the camera and take some more pics of Mountain Shadow Lake! Another thing, what happened to the Magic Landing update? Peace!

Anonymous said...

Pito envy....lol Boys boys boys. Reminds me of my newphews when one gets a better toy than the other. The one with the shity toy puts down the good toy and trys to find something wrong with it. PENIS ENVY.