Friday, April 07, 2006

I hate the windy season

Aside from having really really dry skin (mine has cracked straight to muscle) attempting to live in it is much worse. Laundry day has its own challenges, you can't hang anything out to dry or else pockets will get filled with sand and the clothes smell of dirt and dust.

Well, the worst indignity was getting up to the drive thru at one of the Wendy's locations in town. The fucking lady at the window was speaking soft and the wind gusts were drowning her out and you had to stick your head out the fucking car window and speak to her, causing sand to blow into your face and eyes. Then, if that wasn't enough, a strong gust hit right as I opened my window, covering EVERYTHING inside the car with SAND, not dust. I stepped out of the car and when I saw myself in a mirror, my hat, shirt and jeans were covered in sand.

I have a feeling she knew what she was doing when she answered the speaker softly...

No comments: