Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Itch

Its back. That itch you need to scratch. The want for something you don't yet have, but know it will cost you something big.

I scratched that itch back in 2004. It was Torch Red and had a tan convertible top. She was a 6 cylinder automatic with a 4 speed transmission. Power up the waazu and was pure, unbridled fun.

You see, that car hasn't completely left the back of my mind. The car sits there. It flashes its headlights at me, pounding the pavement on the streets with me behind the wheel doing outlandish speeds and having all sorts of fun.

1966 Ford Mustangs


I have some cash stashed away. Not much at this point, but its at the point where I want to do something with that money that isn't productive to paying off my bills like I wanted. Its enough cash to get myself something like the picture above, just not rolling or running.

The other problem is thinking about the sort of cost that goes into something like that. Just in suspension and braking upgrades alone will cost me something short of $5,000. I also have a problem with instant gratification. What good is the new car if I can't drive it while I update it and make it look the way I want it to look?

It's an itch.

Oh, by the way. I have something in my backyard I haven't touched that I think you guys would be kicking me wondering why I don't do anything with it.

Not my actual car


There is a 1957 Chevy 210 Sedan sitting in my back yard that I haven't touched.

Why?

I want my Mustang.

No comments: