Thursday, October 20, 2005

The rabbit hole is really deep...

I don't know what it is about me, but I have to sit and ponder about the stupidest things at 4:40am. I started to bring cereal and milk to work with me in the mornings because I can't really eat anything at home because I don't get up with enough time to eat there.

mmmmm, cereality...


So, I pour the first pack of cereal and scarf that down, then open the second box.

Hi, Im a creepy fucking charachter up close...


I then start staring at the box and wonder as I am crunching the sugar encrusted non-marshmallow bits just what the fuck they are? There are X's and spades and indeterminable shapes that make me wonder what sorts of "charms" are in Lucky Charms cereal?

So I venture to the General Mills website.

There's not a whole lot of information here except for the point of focus which is the marshmallow anomalies. I mean really, WTF does a red balloon have anything to do with luck? I digress.

So, there's a link to LuckyCharmsFun.com.

LOTLOL


Whoa. Didn't I see this on Lord of the Rings? It looks like they took some liberties with Harry Potter, especially with the whole flying bird delivering a scroll thing. The music is a bit creepy too, I might use it for Halloween or something else sinister. I still don't see anything as far as what the hell the non-marshmallow bits are and what they're supposed to represent. So, I click on what looks to be the cereal bits.

Nite of the Living Breakfast


HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! THE MARSHMALLOW BITS ARE FUCKING DEAD!!!

GRAVES


How did they die? What supernatural force was behind their demise? Then, as I looked deeper I might have found the cause.

Slave Driver Lucky


Deep within the bowels of this dark, rainbow road paved cave lies the secrets & lies of all major food chains. The mines. That's right, your favorite breakfast cereals are mined from secret enchanted caves and many a marshmallow entity is killed while trying to feed a nation with its sugar coated goodness.

Nowhere in any of the websites did I find the answer to the question of what the hell the non-marshmallow bits were, but I think I am raising more questions than answers.

No comments: