Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Ain't it funny how a melody can bring back a memory?

I had bought the Greatest Hits of Queen (Platinum edition) on Friday and was anxious to play some of the songs that we don't have at the radio station. We don't have the song I Want to Break Free in the Bandit's music catalog and was really wanting to play it. Ralph has the music video on his computer and on our way to San Antonio/ Corpus Christi we watched and listened to it. Its so rare that it's played on any of the radio stations its sad. So I tore it open and started listening to it full blast in the Neon.

Then I saw the other song I hadn't heard in at least 10 years.

It's a Kind of Magic was a song I used to love listening to. I couldn't figure out why I loved it so much as a kid. Maybe it was magic how a song could trap me within its lyrics and superb synthesizers, or maybe it was what I associated the song with.

I used to work for Western Playland. I used to operate the Himalaya. It used to play music while the ride operated. I remember back in the 1980s listening to the music play. I remember as a kid listening to Queen. I remember listening to It's a Kind of Magic. I also associate this song with Magic Landing.

I can't prove it, but I hear it here.

No comments: