Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Life goes on

I really shouldn't be upset. Then again, I have a valid excuse.

Today's digital age and instant news gratification has been both frowned upon and applauded for accessibility but seeming lack of humanity. It seems its easier to simply check up on a person using sites like Blogger, MySpace, Live Journal and Typepad than it is to simply pick up the telephone and hold a simple 5 minute conversation with the same person.

I just think it has something to do with our shortened attention spa -- ooh, shiny quarter...

I digress.

I'm pretty sure the invention of the telephone way back when garnered the same ill feelings towards the new medium.

I digress again.

It has never happened to me untill now. A "friend" of mine announced apparently for some time now that he was planning on moving out of town. I didn't catch wind of it until 5 days prior to his move, and 4 days before my next time off. Then, all I get is a simple text message that he had arrived in his new city safely. No face to face goodbye, no hug, not even a group dinner to say farewell.

Life does go on. I am not letting this insignificant event ruin things for me. It just means times and people change.

Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt.

No comments: