Wednesday, February 15, 2006

This is unexpected

Not that I am complaining about it, but yesterday I had some rather interesting news. It seems as a last act of "kindness", previous managment thought it would be nice to give everyone a year end bonus (in February?) as his final gesture of gratitude.

I had a few gestures for him, but wasn't much able to do them and retain my job.

I could get into the hear-say of what I think about that situation, or I can focus in on what I think is something completely awesome. Money. What I got as a "bonus" is about $15 more than my income tax check slated to come to me in 2 weeks. Combined, I have the ability to easily buy a lot of things.

If I pool my money together, I could buy a brand new Mac laptop. If I go apeshit on a spending spree (before getting the income tax refund check) I can buy:
  • Sony PSP & Games/ Movies
  • Video iPod
  • Playstation 2
  • Microsoft X-Box 360
  • Apple Mac Mini
  • TiVo
  • new pillowtop mattress
Let's see what the day brings, I still have to go get the oil changed on the Neon, so who knows what I might buy when I am at the dealer...

No comments: