Thursday, February 23, 2006

I'm back in the saddle again.. I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

You can't write out those lyrics without the shout. Damn, now I have mental images of Stephen Tyler's mouth tearing loose and running amok on his lower face.

It was my crowning joy, Gran Turismo 4. Every game reviewer on the planet reviewed the game and gave it their highest marks for gameplay and presentation. My PS2 at the time crapped out, so I went and bought a refurbished PS2 to replace it. Halfway thro one race around a simulated track and -POW!- I hear the CD spin in its moorings to a stop & the game just die.

That was back in July or August. It's been too long. I had bought one of the newer slimline models and started playing all over again, this time, hooking it (PS2) up to the huge 52" big screen in the living room. Needless to say, my years of being car sick came back. It felt awesome.

One thing I am starting to realize, to change the subject: TiVo is more addicting than many forms of over-the-counter medication. Last night I had a mini-TiVo viewing marathon of some of the shows I had missed the nights and days prior. After watching episodes of Family Guy, Mythbusters, Ghost Hunters and the Simpsons, I just happened to notice that it was fucking 12:47 at night! I had about 2 hours to nap and then come to work!

DAMN YOU TECHNOLOGY AND YOUR INSATIABLE GRASP AROUND THE NECK OF THE 4 YEAR OLD CHILD THAT IS MY ATTENTION SPAN!

I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

No comments: