Wednesday, April 07, 2004

I screwed up the laptop something bad

A few weeks ago, I got the overwhelming urge to increase memory on the laptop & bought some memory. I cracked open the access door on the laptop and put it in. It wasn't recognized. I then realized that the memory I took out was one of those two-piece units found on old laptops & cracked open the case even more to get to the memory on the underside of the motherboard. Bad move.

I destroyed the retension pins on the monitor hook up on the motherboard. Thats not something you wanna do, or try to replace. There is no replacment. Right now, I have it pieced together with black electrical tape and dumb luck. Im going to make a full time permanent fix for it when I get home.

Right now, I am using the talk set computer to do todays entry. Faster, yes. Nicer, yes. Not my laptop. That sucks.

Voyeurs...

No comments: