Sunday, August 06, 2006

What I hate

I hate my voice.

Yep. I work in radio and I hate my voice.

I don't hear what other people hear. Those of you who are reading this blog should watch the videos posted on my site, the person talking is me. Yeah, that's also me driving a 5 speed and shooting video at 45mph.

But that doesn't change that I hate my voice.

I always have. To me, my voice sounds nasally and crappy. Everyone says I have a radio voice and have been used for commercials and recorded phone messages.

It's also a good reason I don't like talking a lot.

I had this discussion with some co-workers here at Sonitrol the other day. I remember we had mentioned that I knew a co-worker back in the day and she utilized me as the guy who recorded the phone messages for the company. It was around that moment I told her and my co-worker that I have always hated my voice. They were a bit surprised and laughed it off, but I can't stand it at times.

IM strange that way, I know.

No comments: