Sunday, July 30, 2006

Mid-summer blahs

It's the play Shakespeare had failed to follow up with. The same blahs that are preventing me from writing really good, lengthy updates with are the same blahs that are making me want to go on vacation or just sleep in for really long periods of time.

It's the apex of summer. That's what it is. Its the knowledge that you've (should've) done everything you said you were going to do this summer and are now gearing up for the coming winter. It's hitting me like a fat woman running for the buffet in Vegas. Large, unimposing, like a lava lamp that just keeps moving and moving and moving and moving and moving and moving and mov...

IM bored. That's what it boils down to. My summer has rendered itself into this gelatinous heap of absolute blah that is indistinguishable from other years. With the exception of 2003 when I saw Fleetwood Mac in concert, its the same thing, year after year.

Woo- hoo.

I want to go on vacation. Down south. Corpus Christi. That is such a beautiful town. Beaches, small town mentality, friends up the wazzu, warm sunshine, humidity, high crime rate - the advantages go on forever. I can feel myself on the beach right now, sidestepping jellyfish that die and beach themselves, avoiding the sea gulls shitting on your car for a scrap of food, the pot holes from the torrential rains that plague the area.

That's why I drive 690 miles for vacation.

And to see Evelyn.

Cause she doesn't like to drive to El Paso.

To see me.

;-)

I need to break away from these blahs. I haven't tried to take the Neon out for a long distance trek, I might as well start now! It's got the amenities IM used to now, like the XM Radio & cruise control. I think I need to start planning some serious vacation time soon.

As an opinion, where should I vacation? I'm open to suggestions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Puerto Rico!

ms. invisible said...

I miss you Mike! It's Sam!! We should hang out!!! No Seriously!!