Thursday, April 26, 2007

OPERATION: Annoyance

I don't know what seems to be wrong with me lately, but a lot of the things that happen around the radio station annoys me. Particularly, when people replay audio from soccer games that the annoying-as-fuck announcer screams the word "goal".

I will not subject those who also dislike this practice, but you can (in your mind) hear it and are probably somewhat annoyed by it.

Well, what would you do in a situation like this? Kindly approach the person and ask them to close their door? Ask them to lower the volume? Tell them to shut the fuck up or else you will shove a soccer ball where the sun doesn't shine?

That's not my style.

I have an entire catalog of music at my disposal.

I've been playing an assortment of classic country hits from Glen Campbell & various stuff from the Bee Gees. For some reason, I feel like I am on the floors of Studio 54, minus the drugs and that Steve Rubel freak at the door.

I will admit, it's drowning out the sound of both the people playing the audio files AND the people responsible for it. I am also getting a lot of laughter and strange looks from coworkers passing by my studio.

Strange, not one person has asked me to turn it down.

No comments: